How Much To Rent A Campervan In New Zealand?
When answering this question, there are a few things to consider: what season are you traveling in? What are your travel plans? What is the size of the motor home?
How much does it cost to rent a campervan in New Zealand?
Cheap Campervan Hire NZ it is divided into three seasons: low (November-March), shoulder (April-May and September-October), and high (June-August), with the summer months being the most popular and therefore the most expensive. Prices are then determined by the size, berth, and age of the camper, as well as what is included or the amount of support provided with your rental.
Every cheap campervan hire NZ a company will have something unique to offer. What is important is that you get the most value for your money, not the cheapest one. For example, if I find a cheap campervan that has poor fuel economy or breaks down shortly after leaving the rental station, the price does not represent good value for money.
Before you sign a rental agreement, keep the following in mind:
- A camper that is 3-4 years old or less should run well and give good fuel efficiency.
- Is there a car and roadside assistance available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of an emergency?
- Who do I contact for vehicle support if a device in the camper stops working?
- Are you covered in case of a road accident? It is also a good idea to double check your security level.
- At the moment, the limits are unpredictable; is there any protection against new restrictions that prevent you from taking your camper?
What Other Factors Influence Price?
It makes a difference where you pick up your cheap campervan hire NZ. Popular campervan destinations are likely to be slightly more expensive. Why pick up from a cheaper area and drive to your chosen location if it doesn’t disrupt travel? Just remember to factor in fuel costs!
Other factors that influence cost include:
- Is there heating in your motor home if you are traveling during the winter?
- How many individuals plan to travel – A two-berth VW Camper will not cost the same as a huge six-berth motor home.
- Is it necessary to have a toilet on board? Most motorhomes come with a shower and toilet, as well as all other amenities, although a smaller, budget camper may have fewer amenities.
- Make a list of everything you need to bring; for example, most campervan rentals do not include bedding. It’s a good idea to look at any extras a firm offers and factor them into the price.
- Beware of rental companies that tack on administrative fees to their prices. Look out for any hidden fees which should be detailed in the price before you book.
Is It Pricey To Rent A Motorhome?
It might be a little more expensive than staying in a hotel, but it’s a completely different kind of vacation. If you are renting a VW camper, keep in mind that you are taking a car and staying in one. If you are traveling in a group, divide the daily cost by the number of people traveling (for example, £100 per day divided by 6 people = £16.66 per night).
Top Type 1: From November to March, hotel rates start at around £55 per night.
Top Type 2: Early book; most companies will run an early bird promotion for next year between September and December. You can always ask if you can’t see it!