Feeling worn out at the end of a seemingly long work week? Or maybe you are struggling to manage emotions that are running high due to significant challenges in your life?
Whether you live and work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) or are visiting after a stressful week, you need all the help you can get to relax.
The good news is that there is many things you can try to retire in Abu Dhabi leaving you feeling re-energized and ready for another busy week ahead. Below are several ways you can recover from a busy week:
- Get pampered at a spa.
Having a spa day is the simplest way to relax and feel revitalized. Massages, body scrubs and facials let you focus more on yourself.
Spa therapy also encourages the release of serotonin, the “happy hormone” responsible for stabilizing people’s mood and feelings of well-being.
You have a wide range of spas to choose from in Abu Dhabi, including:
- Iridium Spa in St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort: Perched on one of the city’s finest beaches, this establishment hosts a total of 12 treatment suites, steam rooms, saunas, and relaxing pools.
- Dahlia Spa at Four Seasons Hotel: This spa offers a unique experience and is known to have the only quartz sand therapy treatment in Abu Dhabi.
- ELLE Spa at Marriott Downtown: Crafted in a Parisian style that is more affordable than others of its kind in the city, this establishment offers a great spa experience for the right price.
- Explore the culture of the UAE.
Whether you’re an expat or a local in the city, one of the best ways to keep your mind off work is to divert somewhere else. And what better subject to fill your mind with than Emirati culture?
If you notice, learning about local culture and art is one of the popular ones things to do in UAE. Below are some excellent destinations you might want to try:
- Qasr Al Watan in Al Ras Al Akhdar: A working Presidential Palace, the Qasr Al Watan is opened to the public as a cultural monument, containing a wealth of knowledge about the UAE’s heritage.
- Louvre Abu Dhabi in Saadiyat Island: This is the country’s most prominent culture and art mega-project which not only provides a great amount of knowledge about an era from the Stone Age to the present, but also lets you relax in Jean Nouvel’s breathtaking architectural masterpiece.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: Considered the most popular attraction in the UAE, the Grand Mosque is an excellent place to relax, especially during less busy periods. It has a tranquil atmosphere that lets you connect with your spirituality, regardless of your religion.
- Look at the beauty out of this world of stars.
Stargazing in the desert is another popular relaxation strategy for people visiting Abu Dhabi.
Besides dune bashing and fat-bike, you can too darkness strikes at Qasr Al Sarab, chart the stars, and predict in the beauty of the constellations.
Even better, try checking online if any meteors are expected to light up the sky on the night of your trip. This will also do for a a romantic experience for couples.
- Have a refreshing visit to a water park.
Exhausted from wandering around in the heat of the Emirates? Consider spending a refreshing weekend in some famous water park in the UAE.
Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi is one of the largest tourism projects in the country and is home to some of the the best water fun in the Middle East.
There you will find different adventures designed for people of all ages, such as:
- He lingered: Have groups of up to six people try to slide down a massive tornado water coaster for the ultimate adrenaline pumping experience.
- Stone Drop: A a heart-pumping water slide that allows riders to feel how it descends from a height of 10 floors in the highest speed slide in the region.
- Cinesplash: Guests can stay dry while experiencing the wonders of the deep in 5D virtual reality.
- Bubbles Bucket: Designed for surfing enthusiasts who want to experience the ride of the biggest sheet wave in the world.
- Hamlool’s Hump: An intense speed slide with three humps where guests can go down from the highest point in the water park.
Bonus Tips to Help Yourself Recover After a Busy Week
Ready to go on a relaxing weekend in Abu Dhabi? Try the following bonus tips to ensure you recover from a busy week:
Let go of the tension and just breathe.
Whether you do it on your commute or before you leave home, remember just breathe.
Focus on your breathing for about five minutes or so. This will help you to reduce stress and turn off your fight or flight response for whatever is causing tension in your life right now. Breathing also helps turn on your parasympathetic nervous system to allow you to relax.
Then, try it release pent-up tension by doing massage therapy or focusing on a hobby, among other things. Different individuals may need different things to achieve this, so find what works for you.
Quiet your mind.
People on vacation can find it challenging to stop thinking about what they want to do when they return to their daily lives. If you face the same issue, try to remove those things from your mind and put them on paper.
Writing to-do lists or even journaling can help you quiet your thoughts. Doing this regularly also helps nurture mental clarity.
Having your thoughts written down also allows you to get a better picture of what you are doing and become more organized and productive as soon as you return to work or whatever you took a break from.
Do what you love.
Another excellent way to unwind is to do the things you love. Take time off from your obligations and do what you like for a change.
Set aside bills, chores, meetings, and appointments. Then, use this break to return to a hobbygo on places you loveor meets them people you care about. Do whatever brings you happiness and fill up what has been emptied from your life.
Well Rested to Perform Well
Work and life can sometimes feel like a race. You work hard without stopping, eventually feeling physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. Make up for what you used up with good rest and recreation, and watch your performance improve.